Michaux MTB School

Last year I heard about Michaux Mountain Bike School from a friend who raved about it.  The camp included two days of clinics and riding in Michaux State Forest. I registered back in December and convinced another teammate to sign up.

Headed to MTB camp for the weekend!
Friday I arrived early and did a fundamentals clinic with Sue Haywood.  I needed brushing up on skills since I really haven't touched my mountain bike since September.  It was a great refresher and reminder of what things I need to work on.

The clinic finished as others started arriving for the camp. We did some ice-breaker games, chatted with others, met the other coaches (Harlan PriceCheryl SornsonAmy Alton, and Jay de Jesus) and got settled for the night in our "cozy" cabin.  While we did have electricity in our cabin, there was no heat.  And yes, I knew this when I signed up in December.  However, I wasn't expecting winter to last this long.

Home away from home
I was thankful for my cold-weather sleeping bag!
We broke into groups and spent both mornings with Cheryl working on skills then headed out for a ride.  All of the women in my group were amazing - so supportive, funny, and just overall rockstars.  I learned something from everyone of them.  

Lucky to ride with some bad-ass ladies
Riding gnar and loving it
Smiling ladies on the Vista Trail
As the weekend wrapped up, I was a bit sad to leave.  Not only did I have an incredible time riding but also made friends with some fabulous ladies.  I think I'm still smiling from my experience and looking forward to next year (hopefully warmer).

I'm not sure why I'm not in the air.  In my head I was jumping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Bike Camp 2020

Hippo CX 2018

Cured from Sleep Apnea?