MTBNJ Mooch Madness H2H #1

The H2H Series was supposed to kick off the 2015 season on April 19th with the Chain Stretcher at Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill, NY.  However, due to the long winter and thaw conditions, the race was cancelled.  MTBNJ stepped up to the challenge to hold our first H2H race, Mooch Madness at the Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation (BSA).

Photo by Soundz

Photo by E. Oishi
A lot of planning and work went on behind the scenes.  Fortunately, we have a great relationship with the BSA and Keith Dlugosz (reservation director), which allowed us to make it our best and put together a course that included some of the best of Mooch.

MattyBFat - mastermind behind our course
Photo by E. Oishi
When we first signed on to the series, Norm asked what we as team members wanted to do in preparation for the race and what time we could commit.  Since I have different goals for my racing season, I offered to spend the day working and not race.  But after pre-riding the course the Thursday before the race, I was starting to wonder if I made a mistake not registering. I absolutely loved the course - a nice mixture of rocks, flow and climbing.  But I committed to working and that was my choice.

Morning enthusiasm
Photo by Soundz

I arrived early Sunday morning to help my teammates get the race going, being available to whatever needed attention.  As a team, we all worked with each other to ensure our racers had the best possible experience they could have.  And based on all the smiling faces and rave review, I think we managed to pull it off.

ChrisRU - our scoring Guru

Team photographer Luke likes my sandwiches
photo by Soundz

Norm crosses the finish before the races start
It was a great day for me - I was able to be part of something memorable for MTBNJ as well as spend the day catching up with a lot of people I haven't seen in a while without the stress of racing.  Hearing people's feedback, thank-you's and seeing smiles was much more rewarding than putting a number plate on my bike.

And for those who didn't know what their registration fees went to? We are giving back to the BSA - we are planning on purchasing 5-6 bikes along with gear and supplies for their summer program.



Results

Photos by Luke


Mitch likes taking selfies.  Just some of MTBNJ peeps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Bike Camp 2020

Hippo CX 2018

Cured from Sleep Apnea?