June Garden Update

June 6th - Had the intention of purchasing tomato baskets to support my plants.  After wrestling a few of the baskets at Home Depot, I got frustrated and spotted these colorful spiral supports.  For only $1, I thought they might look nice in my garden. The cucumbers I planted as seeds were struggling so I picked up two pepper plants and two basil plants to fill in the spots.




June 14th - I spent some time weeding and cleaning up my plot.  It was a hot, dry week so I made sure the plants got plenty of water.


June 22 - my zucchini seemed to explode over the past week.  A nice mix of sunshine and rain made my plot very happy.  Seems the grass and weeds were popping up again.  I managed to clean up things before leaving for vacation.


June 29th - I was dreading coming back to my garden.  While we were gone, I got a flurry of emails from "the Mayor" about a hose/water issue.  And there was mention of a vole attack on one of the plots.  Seemed my plot did just fine - flowers on my zucchini and my tomato plants are all doing well.  Picked some basil...and my first zucchini!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mountain Bike Camp 2020

Hippo CX 2018

Cured from Sleep Apnea?