Another Season of CX is DUNN
Last year I couldn't wait for CX to end. The combination of a long mountain bike race season and new CX category left me feeling...burned out. I thought about how I could change the 2015 year to avoid this and have fun.
Since I wouldn't be competing at Nationals this year, I was able to end my mountain bike race season early enough to have some "fun" over the summer before training for CX. I managed to cross a few "to-do's" off my list - climbing Bear Mountain, climbing Sunrise Mountain and High Point, downhilling at Mountain Creek, and just riding for fun with friends.
I also adjusted my goals and expectations for my CX season. I mapped out a total of 16 races for the season. I chose races that were relatively local and most lined up to be back-to-back on the weekends. I supported the "home grown" races of the New Jersey CX Cup and one PACX. I also did most of the MAC races, with the exception of Charm City.
I finished all of my races. Yes, some races were good, and some races were not so good. Sometimes I was on the podium and a few times I was getting pulled from the race. I got to line up with some of the most encouraging and positive women. I got to chase some of the best racers in the United States.
Yeah, I guess you can say I had a pretty good season. I'm proud of what I accomplished. And I finished my season without feeling burned out or hating bikes. Huge thanks go to Ben Tufford, who provided me with the guidance, training, and positive vibes to meet my 2015 goals.
Now that it's "off-season" what will I do with all my free time? Catch up with friends and enjoy a bevie. Thanks for reading!
Since I wouldn't be competing at Nationals this year, I was able to end my mountain bike race season early enough to have some "fun" over the summer before training for CX. I managed to cross a few "to-do's" off my list - climbing Bear Mountain, climbing Sunrise Mountain and High Point, downhilling at Mountain Creek, and just riding for fun with friends.
I also adjusted my goals and expectations for my CX season. I mapped out a total of 16 races for the season. I chose races that were relatively local and most lined up to be back-to-back on the weekends. I supported the "home grown" races of the New Jersey CX Cup and one PACX. I also did most of the MAC races, with the exception of Charm City.
I finished all of my races. Yes, some races were good, and some races were not so good. Sometimes I was on the podium and a few times I was getting pulled from the race. I got to line up with some of the most encouraging and positive women. I got to chase some of the best racers in the United States.
I had no goal of chasing a series when the season first started. But when I got a taste of finishing in the top 3 of the NJ Cup, I went for it and raced 7 of the 8 races in the series. While I may not have been the fastest of the races, I was consistent. I finished the 2015 season as the winner of the Women's 1/2/3.
Now that it's "off-season" what will I do with all my free time? Catch up with friends and enjoy a bevie. Thanks for reading!



Comments