Finding my "WHY"
Over the summer, I had some time to think about the coach I want to be and my "WHY". I've been listening to podcasts and reading books on youth development and coaching to better develop my "WHY". Why do I do what I do?
I think about those who were great coaches and mentors to me - those who gently nudged me to try something new, those who let me express my frustrations but also encouraged me to pick myself up and keep moving forward. Those who inspire.
My "WHY" is to empower others find the same passion I have for riding bikes...any kind of bike. And as a coach, my "WHY" is to provide experiences that allow my student athletes to focus on the adventure, not the results.
I think about those who were great coaches and mentors to me - those who gently nudged me to try something new, those who let me express my frustrations but also encouraged me to pick myself up and keep moving forward. Those who inspire.My "WHY" is to empower others find the same passion I have for riding bikes...any kind of bike. And as a coach, my "WHY" is to provide experiences that allow my student athletes to focus on the adventure, not the results.

Comments