Another CX Season Dunn
It's been a long year of bike racing for me. And I'm done. With my first race (SSaP) in April to SCCX last week, I competed in 24 races.
This year I never really had downtime between mountain bike racing, camp, and CX. With MTB Nationals on my calendar, I continued to ride and train during camp. In August, I dusted off the CX bike. I really didn't want to put the mountain bike away, but CX was calling and now demanding all of my attention.
With my upgrade last season, I knew I needed to prepare for the shock. I would still be racing in the A-races at the smaller, local races. However, in the "bigger" races, I would be racing UCI. I did all I could to prepare for what I had coming in 2014.
Looking back, I had some really great races. I chased and got chased with some of the fastest ladies. And I had some really bad races, and yes, got my a$$ handed to me. But, I finished every race I started (14 races). And I even won a race.
This season was an adjustment for sure. I learned a lot about who I am as a racer, my strengths and of course, my weaknesses. I know what I need to work on and improve if I want to move forward for the 2015 CX season.
There are a lot of people who provided encouragement and support throughout the season, and I am grateful for their contributions. They know who they are. Thank you.
What will I do during my "off-season"? Oh, I'll still ride my bike. But it will be just riding around.
This year I never really had downtime between mountain bike racing, camp, and CX. With MTB Nationals on my calendar, I continued to ride and train during camp. In August, I dusted off the CX bike. I really didn't want to put the mountain bike away, but CX was calling and now demanding all of my attention.
With my upgrade last season, I knew I needed to prepare for the shock. I would still be racing in the A-races at the smaller, local races. However, in the "bigger" races, I would be racing UCI. I did all I could to prepare for what I had coming in 2014.
Looking back, I had some really great races. I chased and got chased with some of the fastest ladies. And I had some really bad races, and yes, got my a$$ handed to me. But, I finished every race I started (14 races). And I even won a race.
This season was an adjustment for sure. I learned a lot about who I am as a racer, my strengths and of course, my weaknesses. I know what I need to work on and improve if I want to move forward for the 2015 CX season.
There are a lot of people who provided encouragement and support throughout the season, and I am grateful for their contributions. They know who they are. Thank you.
What will I do during my "off-season"? Oh, I'll still ride my bike. But it will be just riding around.

Comments